The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the nation’s largest program for fighting domestic hunger. SNAP helps eligible individuals and families by providing funds to purchase food. Eligibility for SNAP is based on income, deductions, household size and resources in some circumstances.

You can apply for SNAP through the online portal,  by mail, or in-person.

Find applications here:
SNAP Application English
SNAP Application Portuguese
SNAP Application Spanish

The Rhode Island Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs (RIABGC) is a SNAP Outreach partner helping Rhode Islanders learn about and apply for SNAP.

If you would like assistance with completing an application, or have questions about SNAP you may contact our SNAP Outreach Coordinator:
Kayla Jessing
Boys & Girls Club of East Providence
401-434-6776 x 203
[email protected]

Need help contacting DHS see flyer below:
DHS Best Ways English
DHS Best Ways Portuguese
DHS Best Ways Spanish

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online here, from any USDA office, by calling (833) 620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to:
Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
1320 Braddock Place, Room 334
Alexandria, VA 22314; or
fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
email: [email protected]

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.