Lifespan Employees Emergency Childcare
Welcome Lifespan families!
First off, thank you so much for all you are doing to keep our state healthy during the Covid-19 pandemic. We are grateful to you for your service and are proud to play a role by taking care of your child so you can work.
The Club will be open from Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. We are located at 115 Williams Avenue in East Providence, easily accessible from the Taunton Avenue exit from 195. For this emergency childcare program, we are happy to provide a robust program that will allow your child to complete their distance learning while also having fun and making new friends. We do ask that you send them with a lunch and snacks daily along with a chromebook or laptop if they have one and headphones.
Following please find some information about our program and the steps were are taking during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Keeping Your Child Safe – Our Top Priority!
Safety of our members is our top priority and to this end we have partnered with the Dept of Health to develop guidelines and training for our staff to keep both kids and staff safe during their time with us:
- Drop off and pick up will be done outside the Club to minimize the number of adults entering the building.
- Parents and staff will be asked to complete a self-attestation that neither their child nor anyone in their household has cold or Covid-19 symptoms.
- Children and staff will be checked for fevers before they enter the building and then immediately wash their hands upon entering.
- Children will be kept in a group with no more than 10 children total and with dedicated staff. Each group will be limited to certain spaces within the buildings and we are taking every step we can to limit traffic in the hallways.
- In addition to cleaning every night, the Clubs will have janitorial staff on site to disinfect throughout the day.
- Shared toys, such as, legos have been put away or will be only used by individual children and then disinfected.
- Contact sports and games will not be played.
- Hand washing will be done throughout the day and hand sanitizer will be in all classrooms to encourage regular use.
Helping Your Child Learn
We recognize that may children will be joining in with distance learning needs and our trained staff are ready to accommodate these, while also including enrichment and fun, particularly in the “after school” hours. Educational support is a part of our programs year-round, so the staff have already been trained in providing homework help. We do ask if possible that children bring a chrome book or laptop from home, as well as, headphones. If families do not have access to this technology through their school district, we have a limited number of computers on site that we can lend as well.